Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Paul Morgan 4/4/45 letter to Grover Morgan & family

(this letter was really faint---but the stationary was nice!)
Paul R. Morgan 4/4/45

Dear Folks,

Well It seems like summer will soon be here and I'm still far away from home, but the war will end one of these days and perhaps I'll get to come home.

All kidding aside I don't think I'll be able to get home before July or Aug so you see that is why I never asked you to wait on me, July or Aug is just a guess.

The picture of Dave is wonderful he is just a fine looking young man. It's hard to believe I've been gone so long, yet in a way it seems I've been in a very long time.

I only weigh 200 lbs now, I did weigh 225 when I came here, but I feel fine. I had my teeth checked today and they are perfect, I still have all that I came in the Army with.

How does it feel to wear sun tans again or khakis as you call them.

Well no more news. It's still raining a lot. Write again real soon and I hope you are able to make it home this month or next.

Give the boys a hug for me.

Love to all,

Brother & uncle
Paul

(We believe Paul was stationed in South or Central America when this was written. See scrapbook page below for Grover's memory)


No comments: