Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Louise's Cornbread Dressing Recipe

I loved the note at the top---read recipe or transcription below
"Jackies sage" is below with a fuzzy second side. I never realized my sage was a secret ingredient. I thought I'd better show it to you or you'd think the secret ingredient was some controlled substance I grow in my back yard.
Corn Bread Dressing
This will fit 13 X9 pan for more double or so.

Make cornbread a day ahead or (longer & freeze)

1 cup capped [chopped] onion
1 " celery chopped
Sautee in 1/2 stick of butter in micro [obviously this recipe has been updated]

Crumble Corn Bread & 3 or 4 slices of stale white or 1/2 pkg of Pepperidge dressing-(add Jackie's) sage
Pepper salt to taste
a can of chicken broth bring to boil pour over. let sit to absorb

Add 2 eggs
1/2 of cooked sausage crumbled is [if] more moisture is needed add milk

Pour in 13 X 9 greased (sprayed) pan. Drizzle drippings from turkey

Bake about 40 min. until lightly brown

Hey, you didnt' expect me to make it already---maybe later today.

No comments: