Sunday, December 14, 2008

Santa "Roy" Claus

This photo was taken of me when I was 4-5 years old---it was at a department store---probably Famous-Barr (Macy's now). But, I was about the right age for the story below that was in my "Baby Book":


According to Mom, I noticed his shoes---so despite the beard, costume and mystique of Santa, I looked at the shoes and knew who he was! The worst part was my cousins heard me. Mom said everyone (aunts and uncles) was pretty unhappy with my astute announcement. I'm not sure if the party was at Aunt Mary Long Wassmund's or Aunt Mary Walton Long's.

I'm sorry I don't have any photos of my Grandfather Roy Long as Santa Claus--maybe one of my cousins has a photo. But, here are my grandparents Vivian (Maupin) and Roy Long (with me about 18 months) I did inherit the bells that Grandpa used while playing Santa---my grandson Eli has already enjoyed playing with them.

No comments: