Saturday, April 29, 2023

Ronnie Long

 These photos are in no particular order from my grandmother Vivian Maupin's photo album.  My Uncle Ron was the "baby of the family---20 years younger than my father and 8 years younger than his closest sibling.  Actually, he was as close to me and cousins Steve and Bob as he was to his siblings and as adults we did "hang" more as peers.  He was not just adorable, and the youngest but he was born with both legs deformed and spent months of his childhood at Shriner's Hospital with his legs in traction. So, as my mother would say, "Ron was spoiled".


My grandparents look older than they really were.  Grandma was 38 and Grandpa was 43 when Ron was born.  There had been miscarriages between Ron and his closest sibling Mary.














For more about Uncle Ron, click here.

No comments: