Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Harry and Minerva Maupin Family Part Three

 

Harry and Minerva's third child was Marie Frances Maupin.  I really don't ever remember meeting Marie but I do have photos of her as a child to share and I have a few details I've gleaned from the internet about her.  Marie married at least 3 times (Ralph Garrett, Floyd Craig, William Franzen) and had at least one child (according to 1950 census) Georgia Garrett.  






L-R:  Vivian, Louise, Minerva, Harry, Wes
Seated:  Ron, LeRoy, Jaclyn

Charles, Minerva, Vivian

These last photos were made in 1948-49 based on my age here and that my grandmother (Vivian) is holding a baby that I assume was my sister Jane. Minerva is also holding a baby (Marie's baby?).  Wondering what the occasion was since my mother's father Wes Wicker is also in the photo (wearing a hat).  I'm guessing we drove to DeSoto:  one held Jane, one drove, one tried to keep me under control. . . .

No comments: