Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Harry and Minerva Maupin Family Part Two

 

Harry and Minerva Maupin

In addition to Charles, Harry and Minerva had two daughters:  Elizabeth Ann (Betty) and Marie Frances.  I'm not sure I ever met Marie but Betty!!  Betty was one of the highlights of our visits to DeSoto.  She was always laughing, telling stories and was the life of any party.

This photo (on the right) is from a large family reunion photo.  Betty is pictured here with her cousin Jack McKay (both were my father's first cousins). I have very few photos of Betty.  Seeing the photo with her hands over her eyes, I think Betty was a little camera shy.   Betty lived in De Soto (at her parents' home in the 1950 Census) with her son David Maupin.  Betty worked for the other large employer in De Soto:  the shoe company (International Shoes) as a machine operator. She married Paul Pope in 1951 in Arkansas.  They had one son Edward who was younger than I was.  But, David. .. .He looked a lot like cousin Jack in the reunion photo.  I thought he was so handsome!  He was born in 1941 so was 4 years older than I was. Like Betty, he always seemed. . . . .happy.
Betty with my aunts Maxine and Mary
Betty with David as a toddler?




L-R:  Hal McKay, Minerva Maupin, Walter Maupin, Maxine Maupin, Harry Maupin






No comments: