Saturday, November 14, 2009

Letter from Bob McKay

Although I don't have a photo of Bob McKay (that's his brother Junior), the woman on the right is his wife Gladys Wilson McKay. To the left is Martha McKay, Maxine Huskey Maupin and my mother Louise Wicker Long (Arky) Double click on the pages below if they are too small to read.
Bob was one of the few of dad's Maupin cousins in the Army. His wife, Gladys, was pregnant with their first child Michelle and was living with my mother in an apartment.
The second page urges Mom to go to Chicago where Dad was stationed. He thought it would be "just like being on a second honeymoon."
The third page tells about how much he's looking forward to fatherhood. I don't really know who Alice is in the letter.
The last page says that "Aunt Viv" (my grandmother) wasn't feeling well and "I truly love her and you could never find another mother-in-law like her." The article below is about Cpl.Bob McKay, his brother Cpl. Jack E. McKay and their cousin LeRoy Long.

No comments: